Arthur Frank Bell is included on the Roll of Honour Board for the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Stock, formerly located in William Street.
One of the quieter characters who for a time worked in the Queen’s Wharf area was Government Botanist, Frederick Manson Bailey. From 1899 until 1912, Bailey occupied various rooms in what had been the former Immigration Depot, the building that from the late 1890s housed the Department of Agriculture.
The stock inspector, Gilbert Samuel Birkbeck DSO, heads the list of 92 names on the Roll of Honour in National Trust House, the building that for a century was the head office of the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Stock.
Richard Kingsmill Pennefather Moore MC had been a stock inspector for the Department of Agriculture and Stock for eighteen months when he enlisted at Toowoomba on 11 January 1915. The son of Lt Col (R’td) Richard A Moore, a prominent Queensland civil servant, Richard Moore was appointed to the 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment (LHR). He saw action in Gallipoli with the 11th LHR before a transfer to the 2nd LHR on 29 August 1915.
Roy Trout was a twenty-one year old agricultural chemist working for the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Stock when he enlisted in August 1916 to fight in the Great War. A member of the 2nd Light Horse Regiment, Roy Trout was a grandson of Richard Trout MLA, the member for Enoggera.
One of a number of government architects with connections to the Historic Queen’s Wharf was Francis Drummond Greville Stanley. The former State Library at 159 William Street, Brisbane was constructed to his design, as was the government morgue which was located on Queen’s Wharf Road between 1879 and the early 1890s.